Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

5: STITCHING SAMPLES

5: SAMPLES FROM OBSERVATIONAL RECORDINGS (STITCH SAMPLES)

This was very enjoyable – only problem with it was when to stop! And I’ve always been a bit confused as to which stitches are ‘Strictly Canvas’! There does seem to be quite a lot of variation in different books and, since you can use all sorts of other stitches, I’m not absolutely sure that some of these really do count as canvas stitches.


I used oddments of thread, and bits  of canvas left from making Christmas cards, so most of them were worked on 10HPI, but I used 14HPI to try Rhodes stitch variations.

My samples were stitched on to black paper, which was then glued into the sketch book. And each piece was photocopied, so I could name them, without spoiling the samples. 

My choices were a bit haphazard. A more organised approach would have grouped different categories of stitch together - eg crossed stitches.

First Samples




Second Samples





Third Samples




No comments:

Post a Comment